Saturday, February 8, 2014

Shapes, Geometric and Organic

"Song in the Snow"


"Natural Beauty"


I found the guitar and jagged piece of wood in a closet in Mrs. Noack's classroom and immediately envisioned them as perfect subjects for this assignment. The guitar's shape is fantastic, for it's body provides a sense of fluidity, while the neck and strings add a linear effect. The wood's shape is fascinating due to its organic features; the jagged edges are are all unique and interesting. Furthermore, I took both of these objects outside and placed them in the snow. I did this for two reasons: I primarily chose the environment outside because of the natural lighting. I personally do not like to use flash; therefore, I found that outside I was getting the best results in terms of the image quality without the flash being necessary. Secondly, I chose to take the photographs outside, because I thought that the snow would be a good background to enhance the unique and beautiful shapes that both the guitar and wood possess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment